Edibles

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm on the BOD, yeah you know me!


I have exciting news!
I have been elected to the Co-op's Board of Directors! I ran for and won one of three open positions a few weeks ago. I was very nervous (I had to give a speech at the annual meeting--yikes!) but I am VERY excited to serve in this position. What does this mean for you, my trusty AE readers? Who knows! Maybe I'll meet a farmer with an excessive cabbage crop, or hear about a sweet deal on canned tomatoes at the co-op from an employee, or discover a little-known produce stand that a friend of a friend tells me about. The possibilities truly are endless. I am SO excited about this position and can't wait for the adventure to begin!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your election, Heidella. Maybe, just maybe, (please, oh, please, patron gods of non-profit boards and other beautiful, hopeless endeavors!) you'll be the key to the co-op board remediating its current rectal-cranial inversion by leaving operational issues in the capable hands of those hired to deal with them while setting actual honest, measurable, achievable, public goals. Also, it'd be real nice if members could get a dividend at the end of the year instead of the board rushing to figure out how to throw away thousands of dollars of profit. Oh yeah, and maybe do something useful with "The Farm. And how 'bout that expansion? Anyway, welcome to the board. May you have hair left at the end of your tenure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AJ. I can tell you that after a mere two meetings, I already feel like we have about 290834 projects to tackle, and BIG ones at that...YIKES. Personally, I would LOVE to see a remediation of any and all rectal-cranial inversions.

    ReplyDelete