Edibles

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Red Wine Infused Lamb Chops with Tomato and Cucumber Salad

BIRTHDAY DINNER
a special entry

Today's entry is special because this is the meal I made for my lovah, Mr. Duggins Duggins, for his 26th birthday.  I don't have much to write about here (we were too busy drinking rum, dancing jigs to yodeling music on the record player, and celebrating his overall awesomeness), but I DID find my lamb chops at a local grocery (The Holy Land, same place I found my goat meat), so I figured I could post a few quick pictures:


I marinated the chops in the following mixture:
1/2 c red wine
1/4 olive oil
few dashes of red rice vinegar
2 gloves garlic, minced
1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
sprig of thyme
bit of rosemary
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

I threw everything in a ziploc bag, shook it up a bit, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for about four hours.  I also made a tomato salad out of beefsteak tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, and fresh mozzarella drizzled with olive oil, pepper, and Malden sea salt.  When it was time to cook the chops, I seared them first on each side, and then let them braise in the marinade for a few minutes longer.  Medium-rare lamchops, coming right up:


We then proceeded to eat these chops with our hands, like heathens, because they were THAT tasty.


Happy birthday to my little love bug, mi amigo, Mr. Duggins Duggins!


It's official: you are the cutest.
XO, H




No comments:

Post a Comment