Edibles

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bison...Fajita Taco Pita?


Abandoned Edibles
ground bison meat, peppers, cucumber
(additional ingredients: onion, pita, greek yogurt, lemon, dill, zucchini, beef stock, spices, etc.)

What I did: holy cow, I got BISON MEAT from the cull bin! A tiny tear in the packaging, and the bison was mine. Huzzah! Since I had cucumber and peppers (and a package of 99 cent pitas from the bargain basket at the co-op), I thought I'd make some sort of frankenstenian pita/fajita/taco...thing. I cooked the bison with spices and little cubes of zucchini, sauteed the peppers and onions, and made a cucumber/dill/lemon sauce. Easy!



The Verdict
Whhaaaa! This shit was bland. I wish I had more spices. It looked great, smelled great, and tasted merely...standard. If this dish was a personality, I would be getting drunk at dinner with it because I would be so BORED. "You enjoy collecting marbles? Huh, okay, really...tell me more about that. Oh, marbles AND dice, you say? Wow, that is so fascinating...." (yes I just imagined how a conversation would go between myself and the bison fajita taco pita)...

Taste: 4
Creativity: 7.5
Appearance: 6

Improvements for next time: FLAVOR! SEASONING! Something resembling a personality, for the love of all things holy!

No comments:

Post a Comment