Edibles

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crimini Mushroom Alfredo


Abandoned Edibles
broccoli, organic heavy whipping cream, red pepper, green pepper, crimini mushrooms, lemon, and, of course--the ubiquitous and omnipresent garlic jack cheese (additional ingredients: garlic, parmesan cheese, butter, onion, pasta, extra virgin olive oil, spices, etc.)

What I did: sauteed vegetables, made an Alfredo sauce (cream, butter, parmesan), added some garlic jack. Boiled some noodles. Combined together. The end.



The Verdict
Dude, how could I NOT make Alfredo? Whipping cream + mushrooms = heaven. And yes, it was good. Safe...but delicious! Can't say I was too 'creative' on this one, but who cares? Not me, especially when I'm siphoning forkfuls of pasta and mushrooms and creamy Alfredo sauce down my gullet.

Taste: 8
Creativity: 4
Appearance: 6

Improvements for next time: a different pasta for sure...I used egg noodles (bad choice, I know) and I really should have stuck with a linguini or fettucini. Guess I'll have to spring for the additional 75 cents next time and go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment